Thursday, October 15, 2009

Boo! "Ghostwriter"!

With Halloween just around the corner, it seems that the media have been all about ghosts when it comes to Madame's book. Well, perhaps, I should say ghostwriters, not ghosts. I'm hoping that Madame's journalism degree will rub off of me a bit as I write this post. I've decided to do a little bit of investigative journalism.

Stories regarding Madame's book tend to use the word "ghostwriter" to describe Madame's book. In fact, this yahoo news story has this to say:
Ghostwriter, collaborator, co-author. These sidekick writers go by many names, but they all serve the same purpose: to get the book finished. A true ghostwriter gets no public credit for the work but in reality there are varying degrees of involvement by these pinch writers.
Well, Madame has been upfront about her use of Lynn Vincent as a collaborator. Therefore, Lynn is a not a ghostwriter, but a collaborator! Being upfront is being transparent! Fancy that, Mr. President!

The Softy Southpaws and the BOM have been all up in arms about how quickly Madame finished her book! Let me fill you in a few things. Woohoo, I get to use bullet points!
  • Madame has kept a journal for quite a while which contributes to the book:
    Palin said she's kept journals throughout much of her life that she will use for the book.

    "My journaling really ramped up when I found out that I was pregnant with Trig and then Track was going off to war and I found out Bristol was pregnant," Palin said. "When we had those episodes in our lives come to the surface, it was very therapeutic for me."

  • Madame works hard and spent quite a bit of time in August working on her book.
    "Sarah's been out of town for almost a month now," Heath told the Spokane Spokesman-Review. "I don't know exactly where she is, but she's writing her book. She e-mails me quite frequently. She asks, 'Oh, what happened on June 13, 1978?' This is material for her book."

    Aww, Mr. Heath gave a shout out to me! :)
  • The publisher of the book and the lawyer who worked out the details of the book stated that this book was truly going to be Madame's words.
    "She's obviously going to be engaged in the whole process of the book," said Burnham, adding that the role of the collaborator would depend on who was chosen.

    "Every word of the book will be her words," Barnett said.

So, for all of the skeptics out there, do a little investigative journalism or just do some "googling" like I did. The answers are there. I'm the LOTUS, so I should know.

2 comments:

thirtynine said...

That THAT, skeptics!

thirtynine said...

That was supposed to say...

Take THAT, skeptics!