Thursday, December 3, 2009

Going Rogue in the MidSouth

Madame signing books in Oklahoma

We've had a busy past two days! Yesterday, we were in the Show Me state. Madame visited Springfield, MO for a book signing. Sadly, Madame didn't let me go to the Bass Pro Shop while she was signing books. I wanted to see if they had any waterproof gear for LOTUSes. Maybe then I could go fishing with the family.

Madame also gave an awesome speech at the College of the Ozarks. Super early this morning we posted a Facebook post about the event with some pictures from the tour. Madame included her priorities in the title: faith, family, and freedom. These are the antithesis (I've been using my dictionary) to the Great Opologizer's priorities: me, myself, and I.

Today we traveled to Aw Shucksabee's homestate of Arkansas and to Oklahoma (where the winds come sweeping down the plains). Sorry, I downloaded the Oklahoma! soundtrack on Madame's itunes for the trip.

Tonight, we posted two posts on Facebook. One was a statement from Madame's lawyer, Thomas Van Fine ( he's not a bad looking guy, for a human). He shared some thoughts about the "ethics complaints" that some crazies threw at Madame while she was governor. The other post included Madame's thoughts on the climategate situation. Madame wants the real science not the snake oil science to be discussed. It was good stuff including some signature sarcasm. She told people it wasn't a sin against the earth to drive an SUV. Ha. Good one, Madame.

The BOTUS was busy today. You can check out her work here.

We'll be in Texas tomorrow. Yeehaw!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! LOTUS, wish I could have been there. Arkansas is my home state. You might like to download "I'm Just a Little Girl from Little Rock" Loralie Lee's song from "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend". But you're in Texas by now...lot's of inpirational songs about Texas. I especially like the songbooks from Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys..."When You Leave Amarillo...(turn out the lights)". Or The Dixie Chicks...I wouldn't be at all surprised if they aren't fans of Madame...if not they should be since they are into authenticity.