I just hope that President Obama doesn't say something utterly offensive and ridiculous like offending special needs children and adults like the last time he was on a late night comedy show. When the President made that comment, it certainly made the mama grizzly come out in Madame! This time the Great Opologizer is going on David Letterman's show. David Letterman is very good at making the mama grizzly come out in Madame.
However, I would like to "honor" David Letterman by giving my very own top 10 list. I wish you could see my dramatization of this, but I can't get the webcam to work by myself. The BOTUSes are playing the part of Paul Shaffer. It's good comedy, let me tell you. So with out further adieu, here is the LOTUS's top 10 list.
Top 10 Things that Softy Southpaws Don't Understand
10) The English language. They often have to re-define words or resort to the dictionary.
9) Sarcasm. It is completely lost on them. Sometimes, when I tweet 140 characters of sarcasm, softy southpaws just don't understand, and I receive whiny, pretentious responses back.
8) Sports analogies in political speeches (yes, I'm talking to you, Anderson Cooper).
7) The phrase "death panels". Until Madame used it in a Facebook post, they thought the phrase "death panels" was what PETA used to describe fly swatters.
6) Middle America. If people do not live adjacent to an ocean in the Northeast or California, they are obviously uneducated and unsophisticated, especially if they didn't attend a prestigious, Ivy League school.
5)The Tea Party movement. It's amazing how they can downplay the massiveness of the national debt, but overlook the nearly 1.8 million who descended on DC to voice their concerns about the direction of this country.
4)Free-market principles and limited government interference in the economy. Liberals see Boetcker's 10 Cannots as 10 Cans.
3) The need to vocalize support for the US military. The military fights for us so that we can keep our freedom.
2) The differences between being an intellectual and being intelligent. Many liberals are intellectuals, but lack intelligence--that mixture of common sense, wisdom, and knowledge needed to make good decisions.
1) The predatory behavior of barracudas. A politico article published yesterday had this to say:
Liberals don't understand the predatory behavior of barracudas is as follows,"...they are voracious predators and hunt using a classic example of lie-in-wait or ambush. "
For several days in August, the national health care debate turned to focus on so-called “death panels,” in large part because of two widely-publicized Palin Facebook posts accusing Democratic authors of the House proposal of creating bureaucratic entities to decide end of life care.
The post was immediately rebuked by Democrats, and even by some Republicans, as untrue and irresponsible. But rather than immediately firing back at her critics when reporters came calling for a response, or issuing a press release defending her claim, Palin waited five days to post her response on Facebook.