Thursday, September 3, 2009

You know the Difference between the LOTUS and a Pit Bull?



Today marks the one year anniversary of Madame's speech at the RNC. She brought the house down! I was backstage with the BOTUSes when she gave it, and it was fantastic! She even gave an indirect shout out to me with this line in her speech:

"That luxury jet was over the top. I put it on eBay."

Now before the Softy Southpaws get their organic cotton panties in a twist, although she did (as she says) put the jet on eBay, it did not sell on eBay. To clarify, she did sell it by other means;it ended up selling later to a businessman.

None-the-less, I was beaming with pride backstage in Minneapolis that Madame mentioned one of the first projects we worked on together when she became governor.

She also displayed some humor. She is a very funny lady, and she's sarcastic, which I love!

"You know the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull? Lipstick!"

It doesn't seem to have the same effect, when I tell the same joke:

" You know the difference between the LOTUS and a pit bull? A mystify screen saver!"

Sigh. I'm not as witty as Madame.


If you want to re-watch Madame's speech, here it is:



Although, while I was surfing today, I read that there will be another Obamacare re-run, er, I mean speech, next Wednesday. You might want to watch a better, more inspiring re-run during that time, so perhaps you could watch it then also.

Or, if you just want a smaller sample of the highlights, here you go:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, wasn't that awesome? And you got to be there! Sigh...
The joke works well enough, except...what's a mystify screen saver?
-Jane

Anonymous said...

That was funny, good post whitney.

Anonymous said...

That was funny, good post lotus:)