Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Oh, the Places We Will Go!

Today, Meg "the Enforcer" Stapleton confirmed today that we are going to China so that Madame can speak to CLSA Investors' Forum in Hong Kong later this month. I can't wait! Apparently, there are whole gardens in China dedicated to Lotuses!

Lotus Garden in Macau, China

I'm excited for the trip. Will we get to visit the Great Firewall (oops, I mean Great Wall)? How am I going to eat with chopsticks if I don't have any hands? I've heard Madame talk about China before regarding the possibility that jobs may be outsourced to China if cap and trade legislation is passed. She's also mentioned on several occasions about the fact that China holds a lot of our debt. I can't wait to hear what she has to say to these investors--free market principles, energy?

I'm going to have to figure out what I'm going to pack. I know I need to get a AC adapter that will work in China so that I stay charged throughout the trip! Perhaps Madame will get a new bag for me to travel in, too.

In the meantime, I'd better get some rest when I can. We've been very busy writing lately and have been out-of-town. I'd tell you where we are, but I don't have an atomic clock to gauge what time zone we are in. Occasionally, Madame will e-mail Mr. H (her dad) to get some details. Oh, I wish I could share with you all the exciting things that Madame is writing about, but I can't. You all will just have to wait until the Spring.

Madame also recently signed with the Washington Speakers' Bureau, so keep your Ls powered up to see where we will be headed. We've gotten more than 1000 invitations, so unfortunately we can't attend every event, although I'm sure Madame wishes she could attend a lot of them.

Oh, the places we will go!


UPDATE: We got a shout out at The Palination!

3 comments:

Meadow said...

Oh gracious! What fun you will have and you will get to meet all sorts of like-minded folks. You remember that China is one of the top electronics folks?

I hope there will be some pix of those beautiful gardens (the lotus ones) that you can share.

Make sure Madame has masks to protect her. The air quality is not very healthy, and with all the hoopla about H1N1 flu, both of you need to stay cautious!

Perhaps, just thinking of all possible problems, Madame may want to bring along an extra battery. It would be an awful thing is her writing was ruined because of power failure of one form or another. Besides, you need your strength!

tim c said...

Whitney I am so happy that you found a LOTUS Garden!

David L Riddick (aka The Aged P) said...

Actually, LOTUS - you might have been made in China...you might be going home!!!!